Sunday, August 3, 2008

The first Annual Searching for Leyton Hewitt Australia Quiz:


1. The capital of Australia is:
a. Melbourne b. Sydney c. Canberra d. New Zealand

2. The Prime Minster of Australia is:
a. Kevin Rudd b. Barack Obama c. Captain Kangaroo d. John Howard

3. The following game is called Football in Australia:
a. Rugby b. Australian Rules Football c. Soccer d. all of the above

4. Vegemite is:
a. disgusting b. a terrifying yeast spread c. reason for instant vomiting d. all of the above

5. The Harbour Bridge connects:
a. Melbourne and Sydney b. Australia and New Zealand c. Australia and the Barrier Reef d. Sydney and North Sydney

6. The following native is NOT native to Australia
a. Wombat b. Tasmanian Devil c. Walliabee d. The Dingo

7. The Dingo ___________ :
a. stole my baby b. ate my baby c. took my baby d. is my baby e. all of the above

8. Sunday Rose is ______:
a. a famous Australian blush wine b. the name of an outback tourist town c. nicole kidman and keith urban's newest child d. the Australian national anthem

9. The following person was not born in Australia
:a. Heath Ledger b. Steve Irwin c. Patrick Rafter d. Russell Crowe

10. Tasmania is _________:
a. a desert b. a fictional village like Oz or Narnia c. the butt of all Aussie jokes d. a code word for the entire Island meant to confuse the Russians during the Cold War.

11. The outback is _________:
a. a mediocre steak house b. a major part of desert in the middle of the country c. the bathroom d. any place where you can get a beer.

12. I've seen fosters beer:
a. every time I go to the bar b. never c. only once d. it comes out of the faucet

13. A koala is __________:
a. a bear b. a marsupial c. not really an animal d. a code name for a very hairy person

2 comments:

SSJ said...

1. c
2. a
3. b
4. d
5. d
6. d
7. b
8. I cheated on this one, and I can't believe the answer is actually c
9. d
10 c
11. a/b
12. b
13. b

Jeff said...

1.C
2.A
3.C
4.B
5.D
6.C
7.B
8.D -- was my initial guess
9.D
10. D
11. B
12. C
13. B

I hope I at least get this silver!